Sarah visited my home

Sarah just left. I invited her here for the 15-day stretch where I had 3 musicals to go to. It was her graduation gift... I'm the best aunt ever.
See more HOT pictures


Mert, her mom (my bone-marrow matcher) came up with her for the first 5 days. Neither one of them had ever visited Pittsburgh before. Mert visited me when I first bought my house, but she was helping get me settled in and we didn't venture into the city. This was the inaugural visit. I hadn't done much in Pittsburgh in the year I'd been here either, so we were all going on the same expedition.
See more HOT pictures


Well, the visit didn't start off well. My air-conditioner died a few days before their arrival and hadn't been replaced yet. We all had to huddle down in the basement where I had my handy portable A/C I bought the last time the central A/C failed. They slept on the pull-out couch; I resumed my position on the basement floor... where I spent my first 4 months in this house. Luckily the repairmen were coming the next day to REPLACE both the A/C and the furnace... thanks to my home warranty (which only has one month left!).
See more HOT pictures


The night they arrived I got caught at work and they had to enter my house without me. Mert had seen the house when I first bought it, but that was almost a year's worth of improvements ago. I called her just as she entered my kitchen. She squealed with delight. "Judy! It's gorgeous! You are so lucky!!!" "You like it?" "I LOVE it!" What timing.